Day hit Apline Ice routes
These long ice couloirs on accessible north faces offer opportunities for alpine ice climbing in adventurous locations. This type of climbing can be found in condition year round in the high alpine terrain of France, Italy and Switzerland.
There are so many fantastic lines easily accessible in a day. In the Ecrins we have the exceptional Goulotte Berhault on the Pelvoux and the Raie des Fesses on the Pic Sans Nom. Or if you are in the Massif du Mont Blanc the Chéré couloir on the Tacul or Gabarrou Albinoni to name just a few. Read Gully List
Prices and number of participants vary according to the difficulty of the route.
France - Switzerland - Italy
January, February, March, April, November, December
420€ /groupe for 2 people
Mixte Climbing Level 2 - Advanced
Be capable of physical effort for 4h to 7 hours
Be in good physical shape
Walk between 15 minutes and 1.30 hours
Master alpine equipment and techniques (abseiling, belaying, crampons, ice axes, ice screws )
Have an occasional practice of the activity
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Cancellation insurance (4%), repatriation assistance / search costs - rescue (1.5%)
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Accommodation the night before, optional (room and breakfast)
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world