A wild Oisans route in all its splendor.
France - Ecrins
June, July, August
1,400€ /personne for 1 person
Mountaineering level 3: Advanced
Be in good physical shape
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Autonomous knowledge and practice of mountaineering techniques and equipment
Technical level required: Quite Difficult (AD) in mountaineering and 5 in climbing
Walk between 6 and 12 hours
Departure from Pré de Madame Carle, 1874 m, to reach the Glacier Noir and reach the foot of the South pillar of Barre Noire, approximately 1 hour and a half to 2 hours of walking. A steep slope in scree and snow makes it possible to reach the glacier des Barres, then the attack of the pillar, 1h30. The start of the climb is easy but you have to be careful. The further you go, the more the wall straightens until it becomes vertical. 6 to 8 hours of climbing to reach the summit.
We join the normal route of the Dôme des Écrins to descend and sleep at the Écrins refuge, 3175 m, in order to recover from this long day. 2 hours walk to reach the refuge.
D + 2100 m / D- 700 m and 11 to 15 hours of running in total
Lie in this morning at the refuge, something rare in mountaineering. We descend quietly to Pré de Madame Carle by the White Glacier. 3 hours of walking.
D- 1300 m
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world