Roche Faurio, in mountaineering, is the summit of initiation par excellence. Easy to access, with one of the most magnificent views of the whole massif on the Écrins bar.
The N corridor of Roche Faurio is just as accessible and even more so. 1h max from the Écrins hut, just enough time to warm up your legs, before starting a breathtaking descent.
It is a reference in steep skiing. Homogeneous in the steep, and wide enough to make nice turns.
France - Ecrins
March, April, May
1,000€ /personne for 1 person
Off piste Level 3 - Specialist
Competent to ski on all types of snow conditions and in all terrain up to slopes of 45º
Have the competence to use the relevant equipment (ski and safety) and alpine techniques (abseiling, belaying, waling in crampons)
Ski with a 3 to 6 kg backpack
Be capable of physical effort for 4h to 7 hours
Be capable of descending 250 to 400m of elevation without stopping
After a good night and a copious breakfast, we will put on our skis to get to the Roche Faurio pass.
We will enjoy one last time the breathtaking view on the Écrins bar, then we will switch to the north face, to start the first turns in this mythical N couloir of Roche Faurio.
Once the corridor behind us, we will let ourselves slide quietly until the carpark of Villar d'Arène, where a car will wait for us.
Departure from the Pré de Madame Carle at 1800m of altitude, we will take the direction of the Écrins hut culminating at 3175 m.
According to the schedule of arrival at the hut, we will be able to go to the Roche Faurio pass, in order to check the snow conditions of the descent couloir.
Return to the hut to spend the night.
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- The safety equipment (Probe, shovel, Tranceiver, Harness) is mandatory, equipment lent by the guide
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- A 1.5 liter bottle of water per person per day.
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Free membership to the association for the organization of stays
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Ski equipment rental (shoes, poles, skis, ...)
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world