The classics of the Aiguille du Midi
The descents of the Couloir des Cosmiques or the Glacier Rond are the most famous steep slopes around Chamonix.
These 2 lines are serious with a slope at 45º and a significant drop of minimum 1600 meters and if the snow cover is sufficient we can even reach Chamonix with a descent of more than 2600 meters.
It is often necessary to use the rope to access it.
France - Chamonix
March, April, May, June
480€ /personne for 1 person
for 2 people
|March 15, 2020 to June 15, 2020||Make Enquiry|
Off piste Level 3 - Specialist
Competent to ski on all types of snow conditions and in all terrain up to slopes of 45º
Have the competence to use the relevant equipment (ski and safety) and alpine techniques (abseiling, belaying, waling in crampons)
Ski with a 3 to 6 kg backpack
Be capable of physical effort for 4h to 7 hours
Be capable of descending 250 to 400m of elevation without stopping
We start by climbing to the top of the Aiguille du Midi cable car.
We descend the Aiguille du Midi ridge to very quickly put on the skis and let ourselves slide along the south walls of the Aiguille.
We almost reach the Cosmiques refuge by going up a little staircase. From there we choose one or the other descent.
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Ski equipment rental (shoes, poles, skis, ...)
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- Ski passes
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world