It is a wild traverse on one of the most aesthetic route of the Ecrins, the bivouac is required to achieve this fantastic ride.
France - Ecrins
June, July, August
1,700€ /personne for 1 person
Mountaineering level 3: Advanced
Be in good physical shape
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Autonomous knowledge and practice of mountaineering techniques and equipment
Technical level required: Quite Difficult (AD) in mountaineering and 5 in climbing
Walk between 6 and 12 hours
Departure from Pré de Madame Carle, 1874 m, to reach the Glacier Noir and reach the bottom of the corridor leading to the Col de Coste Rouge, around 3 hours of walking. A steep snow slope to cross leads to the Coste Rouge pass, 3192 m, 1 hour. It is from here that the ridge begins. We climb the ridge to ideally reach the Giant's Tower, 3618 m, to bivouac near the hanging glacier. 7 to 8 hours of effort.
D + 1800 m
We finish the ascent of the Coste Rouge ridge to the summit of Ailefroide Centrale, 3927 m. We continue the route by traversing to Ailefroide Orientale, 3847 m, to finish in style. 5 to 6 hours of climbing.
It only remains for us to descend by the normal route to reach the village of Ailefroide in 5 hours.
D+ 400 m / D- 2500 m
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world