Cresta Signal is the ridge that leads directly to the Margherita hut at 4554m. Imposing due to its distance and commitment, it is a race of great magnitude.
Starting from the Alagna valley in Italy, it is necessary to reach the Resegotti bivouac at 3624m, after a walk of more than 2000m of altitude.
Italy - Mont Rose
June, July, August, September
1,300€ /personne for 1 person
Mountaineering level 3: Advanced
Be in good physical shape
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Autonomous knowledge and practice of mountaineering techniques and equipment
Technical level required: Quite Difficult (AD) in mountaineering and 5 in climbing
Walk between 6 and 12 hours
The D day
Meeting point for 9am at Pont Saint Martin, at the entrance to the Gressoney valley. From there, another 40min drive to reach the end of the valley, Staffal, and its famous ski resort.
Then take the ski lifts to take us up to Passo Dei Salati and down to Alagna via two more lifts. From there, a bus will take us to the end of the road, at 1600m.
We then start the long walk with a 2000m difference in altitude to reach the Resegotti bivouac at 3624m. On our way, perched at 2247m, we will stop at the Barba-Ferrero refuge and their famous terrace.
Once at the refuge, we will take advantage of the quietness to make water and food, before a short night.
We will leave early in the morning, as there are 1000m of ridges waiting for us. First part on the ridge, up to the Passo Signal at 3769m, then a fairly logical weave to reach the majestic Margherita refuge and its impressive 4554m.
A well deserved rest, then a descent on the Lys glacier, to reach the Punta Indren ski lifts at 3200m and thus Alagna, our return point.
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- The ticket for the ski lifts
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- One night in a refuge at half-board including water with the meal
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world