Discover La Grave
La Grave is the unique freeride area in the world. The modalities are simple, a ski lift, and everything else is up to us to imagine.
Climbing into these ski lifts, which are a strong symbol for the locals, and arriving at 3200m with a view of the north face of the Meije, is already the first reward of the area. From there on, we let our skis do the talking. Classic skiing, steep, couloir, north face, south face... The choice is vast just like the domain of La Grave La Meije.
France - La Grave
January, February, March, April
900€ /personne for 4 people
Off piste Level 2 - Advanced
Competent to ski in all snow types and all terrain up to slopes of 30 to 35º
Ski with a 3 to 6 kg backpack
Be capable of physical effort for 3 to 6 hours
Have the competence to use the relevant safety equipment ( Transceiver, shovel, probe, ABS bag)
Be capable of descending 150 to 300m of elevation without stopping
Meeting point on the first day at 8:00 am, in the car park of the La Grave cable car. We check the safety equipment as well as the skis, and head for the muti-coloured ski lifts to go directly to 3200m. We will start with the local classics. Vallon de la Meije, or Vallon de Chancel, to see what level is possible for the rest of the week.
We will continue our descents throughout the day until closing time.
Debriefing and sharing a drink in the village of La Grave.
Direction to our accommodation hotel Edelwiess with all the charm included.
day 2 to 3
Depending on the conditions of the moment, you can choose to stay in the La Grave area, or cross over to a nearby ski resort. Serre Chevalier, Montgenèvre, Puy Saint Vincent, Les 2 Alpes.
At the end of each day, we will return to our hotel Edelweiss in La Grave.
Day 3, at the end of the day, the course will be over.
- The safety equipment (Probe, shovel, Tranceiver, Harness)
- Ski passes
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- The organization and transfers mentioned in the program using rental vehicles
- Transport and taxi included in the program
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Free membership to the association for the organization of stays
- The ticket for the ski lifts
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Ski equipment rental (shoes, poles, skis, ...)
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Accommodation the night before, optional (room and breakfast)
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world