Ground up Mont Blanc on a day is an extremely difficult challenge for mountaineer enthusiasts supertrained and motivated by this extraordinary challenge.
France - Chamonix
June, July, August, September
750€ /groupe for 2 people
for 1 person
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Have a knowledge of mountaineering techniques and equipment
Technical level required: Not very difficult (PD) in mountaineering and 3 in rock climbing
Train regularly in endurance (running, cycling, mountaineering)
To be acclimatized
Be capable of physical and long days (more than 12 hours)
Meet very very early, between 22:00 and 2:00 in the morning at the Crozat car park or at Les Houches.
The first step will be to reach the Nid d'Aigle station at 2372 m. The way is comfortable. 2h00 to 3h00 for 950 m of difference in altitude.
The second step will be the Tête Rousse refuge at 3167 m. We can refuel. 1h30 to 2h00 for 800 m of difference in altitude.
Third stage, the most technical, via the Goûter spur, we arrive at the Goûter refuge, 3835 m. Here we take a break to eat something and refill up with water if necessary before continuing the climb. 1h30 to 2h00 for 700 m of difference in altitude.
Fourth stage, the last straight run to the top of Mont Blanc, 4810 m. 2h30 to 3h30 for 1000 m of difference in altitude. In total it is about 3450 m of ascents that you have just completed to reach the top of the Alps.
The last stage is to go back down to the bottom to find the Crozat car park. On the way down we will stop for lunch either at the Tête Rousse refuge or at the Nid d'Aigle. 6h00 to 8h00 for 3450 m of difference in altitude.
The price includes breakfast on the way up, lunch on the way down and 3 bottles of water of 1.5 litres per person and for the guide.
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Cancellation insurance (4%), repatriation assistance / search costs - rescue (1.5%)
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Accommodation the night before, optional (room and breakfast)
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world