Ice climbing is a perfect mix of climbing and mountaineering. Climbing on ice structures requires dexterity and good physical condition to withstand the cold.
France - Ecrins
January, February, March, December
380€ /personne for 4 people
for 1 person
Ice Climbing Level 1 - Discovery
Be capable of physical effort for 3 to 5 hours
Be in good physical shape
Walk between 15 and 45 minutes
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Meet at 8am at the kiosk car park in l'Argentière la Bessée, to check your bag, equipment, and shoe hire if necessary, with the guide.
Next, we will leave in the direction of the first ascent to get on our feet.
Return in the evening to the gîte La pierre d'Oran.
Climbing times and places, depending on the conditions of the moment. To be defined with your guide the day before.
Separation of the group at the end of the day
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Free membership to the association for the organization of stays
- The ticket(s) for the lifts/cable cars
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Cancellation insurance (4%), repatriation assistance / search costs - rescue (1.5%)
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Accommodation the night before, optional (room and breakfast)
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world