Jordan is a magical country for climbing, and mainly around the village of Wadi Rum, located in the middle of the desert.
The contrast is flagrant between the arrival at the airport, where everything is done to welcome the tourist, and the atypical village of Wadi Rum. Simplicity in its purest form, but frightening efficiency.
From the village, the desert opens its doors, and the possibilities are immense. Whether historical routes to climb to the top of the jebels, or routes fully equipped for sport climbing, everything is there.
In the evening, you will be seduced by the warm welcome you will receive in the village, or in their camp in the middle of the desert, a totally exotic trip, full of sensations.
Jordan - Wadi Rum
February, March, April, May, October, November, December
2,700€ /personne for 2 people
|April 03, 2021 to April 10, 2021||Make Enquiry|
|April 17, 2021 to April 24, 2021||Make Enquiry|
|May 01, 2021 to May 08, 2021||Make Enquiry|
|May 15, 2021 to May 22, 2021||Make Enquiry|
Be capable of physical effort for 4 to 8 hours
Be in good physical shape
Walk between 15 minutes and 1.30 hours
Technical level required: 4+ rock climbing
Meeting at Geneva airport, to board for Jordan.
On the spot, you will quickly enjoy the city of Aqaba, then take the direction of the village of Wadi Rum by cab. Approximately 2 hours drive depending on the traffic.
Once arrived, we will take advantage of the local hospitality to drink tea and visit the village lost in the middle of the desert.
Day 2 to 7
Every day will be a discovery of the Wadi Rum massif, with all the possibilities it offers us.
Historical Bedouin routes, or sports route.
Every evening, we will return either to the village of Wadi Rum or to one of the advanced camps in the middle of the desert.
One will take the road for a return to Aqaba, then the plane direction France.
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- The organization and transfers mentioned in the program using rented vehicles
- Transport and taxi included in the program
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Free membership to the association for the organization of stays
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- Plane ticket
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Cancellation insurance (4%), repatriation assistance / search costs - rescue (1.5%)
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Accommodation the night before, optional (room and breakfast)
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world