When we talk about La Grave, a feeling of freedom invades us, it's the essence of the free ride that we come here for. At La Grave everything is unique, the cable car, the atmosphere, the corridors, the extraordinary elevation gain that you can do in a single run.
But when it comes to steep skiing, only one name comes up in everyone's mouth: Le Pan de Rideau under the mythical north face of the Râteau.
Accessible from the top of the cable car at 3200 m, you will put on touring skis for 35 min maximum. The view through the breach on the Grand Pic de la Meije is just unique.
From there the descent starts. An impressive horizontal crossing on 200 m, full gas, then the first part of the face suspended at more than 50°. We will then find our way through the glacier du Râteau on a still cold snow, to join again the classic routes of the valleys of La Meije.
France - La Grave
January, February, March, April, December
500€ /groupe for 1 person
Meeting at La Grave on the cable car parking lot with your guide. Contact the group, answer last minute questions, he will provide you with the minimum and essential safety equipment to leave with peace of mind (DVA, shovel, probe and harness).
9:00 a.m.: the gates of paradise finally open. During the ascent in the cable car, the guide will explain the course of the day according to the weather, snow conditions, your abilities, your desires.
Once up there, the guide will test all the Avalanche Victim Detection (AVD) devices. From then on, it's the skis that will do the talking.
35 min of ski touring, to take us to the Pan de Rideau breach. Ideal to get in the legs. We will then start the famous horizontal traverse, which makes this itinerary a must! Engaged, impressive, sensational. This is what characterizes this face.
- The safety equipment (Probe, shovel, Tranceiver, Harness) is mandatory, equipment lent by the guide
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Ski equipment rental (shoes, poles, skis, ...)
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- Ski passes
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world