The Ben Nevis, at 1345m altitude, doesn't speak to many people. Except for the connoisseurs, who want to brave its extraordinary climate and its great mixed routes.
The charm of the refuge at the foot of the face will allow us to spend the nights in the warmth, and to dry the wet things of the day.
Scotland - Ben Nevis
January, February, March, November, December
2,260€ /personne for 2 people
Mixte Climbing Level 2 - Advanced
Be capable of physical effort for 4h to 7 hours
Be in good physical shape
Walk between 15 minutes and 1.30 hours
Master alpine equipment and techniques (abseiling, belaying, crampons, ice axes, ice screws )
Have an occasional practice of the activity
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Meet 3 hours before the departure of the plane at the chosen airport, to take stock of the equipment and leave the weight of the equipment between the bags.
Once there, we will take possession of the rental car to go to Fort William.
On the road, we will shop for all our needs during the week.
In the evening, we will take our place in our private accommodation in Fort William itself.
day 2 to 6
Day 2: A taxi will drop us off at the start of the path leading to the CIC hut. 2 hours walk to get there and drop off our belongings. At the end of the walk we will head for our first ascent of the week.
Day 3 to 6: We leave the hut and head for the many mixed ice spots in the area.
Departure from Fort William, and direction to the airport, to take the plane and return to France.
Separation of the group on arrival at the airport in France.
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- The organization and transfers mentioned in the program using rental vehicles
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Free membership to the association for the organization of stays
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Cancellation insurance (4%), repatriation assistance / search costs - rescue (1.5%)
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Accommodation the night before, optional (room and breakfast)
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world