The Mont Blanc and its 4810m of altitude, are extremely coveted, both by the community of mountain dwellers, who dream of reaching this summit, and by adventure enthusiasts, wanting to surpass their limits. The five-day course prepares you technically and physically. The aim is to tame your sensations, basic techniques and mountaineering equipment.
France - Chamonix
June, July, August, September
2,160€ /personne for 2 people
for 1 person
mountaineering level 2: intermediate
Be in good physical shape
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Walk between 3 and 7 hours
Have a knowledge of mountaineering techniques and equipment
Technical level required: Not very difficult (PD) in mountaineering and 3 in rock climbing
Meet at 7.30 am to take the Aiguille du Midi cable car, 3842m.
On this first day we will use several mountaineering techniques to cross the Pointes Lachenal and traverse the ridge at Laurence.
Night at the Cosmiques hut to acclimatise.
After breakfast we will climb the nearby and fantastic Cosmic Ridge.
This superb aerial ridge is traversed with crampons and several climbing passages are to be crossed.
Return to the valley in the early afternoon.
Meet at 13h20 in the car park of the Les Houches cable car, to check your bag and equipment with the guide.
We will successively take the cable car, then the train to arrive at the Nid d'Aigle at 2370m.
From this point, we will leave in the direction of the Refuge de Tête Rousse, for around 2h30 of walking.
Meal and water at the Refuge de Tête Rousse the same evening.
Departure at dawn from the Tête Rousse refuge, towards the Goûter Refuge. We will pass by the spur of the Taste with its famous passage of the corridor.
The advantage of leaving early will allow us to pass this corridor in good conditions.
We will climb for about 3 hours to reach the Refuge du Goûter. We will take a short break, to leave all the material not necessary for the ascent of the summit of Mont Blanc.
From the Goûter refuge, an additional 4 hours will be necessary to reach the summit and finally set foot on the coveted 4810m.
2 hours later we will be at the Goûter refuge to enjoy a well-deserved rest, and enjoy an exceptional night at an altitude of more than 3800m.
Meals and water at the Goûter refuge
After a good breakfast at the Goûter refuge, we will take the descent path, towards the Tête Rousse refuge (2h of descent), then the Eagle's Nest (1h30 of descent), or the train and the cable car will route to our cars.
Before separating, we will share a meal together to relive the moment of sharing that we all experienced together.
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Free membership to the association for the organization of stays
- The ticket(s) for the lifts/cable cars
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Cancellation insurance (4%), repatriation assistance / search costs - rescue (1.5%)
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Accommodation the night before, optional (room and breakfast)
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world