Where the real adventures begins
Skiing off-piste allows us to rediscover the ski resort from another perspective. Getting away from crowded pistes and discovering new types of terrain is all part of the fun. As your confidence grows in this off-piste setting, the real adventures begin; high mountains, wild valleys, couloirs or forests. The aim of this game is to find the best untouched snow.
France - Italy - Swiss
January, February, March, April, December
420€ /groupe for 4 people
Off piste Level 1 - Discovery
Competent to ski on all pistes
Be capable of physical effort for 3 to 5 hours
Ski with a 3 to 6 kg backpack
You will meet your guide at an agreed location near to your chosen resort, this will be decided the day before.
All safety equipment (shovel, DVA, probe, harness) will be provided by the guide as required. An avalanche transceiver check will be complete before you commence the day. Your guide will have planned a route that explores the best elements of your chosen resort.
For lunch you can specify a choice of one of the piste restaurants or bring a picnic (at your own expense). Traditionally you would provide the guide with lunch.
Need some ideas? Some of our favorite off-piste destinations are;
La Grave, Serre Chevalier, Les Grands Montets, Courmayeur, Montgenèvre, les 2 Alpes, Alpes d'Huez, Puy Saint Vincent, Verbier, Queyras to name just a few!
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Ski equipment rental (shoes, poles, skis, ...)
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- Ski passes
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world