Just a name that says it all. The Verney Pelas Corridor, is a straight corridor of more than 850m with steep parts that can reach 55°.
Located just in front of the Pelvoux, is visible very easily from the refuge of the same name, this corridor attracts covetousness, both by its purity and its accessibility.
France - Ecrins
April, May, June
600€ /groupe for 2 people
Off piste Level 3 - Specialist
Competent to ski on all types of snow conditions and in all terrain up to slopes of 45º
Have the competence to use the relevant equipment (ski and safety) and alpine techniques (abseiling, belaying, waling in crampons)
Ski with a 3 to 6 kg backpack
Be capable of physical effort for 4h to 7 hours
Be capable of descending 250 to 400m of elevation without stopping
Easily accessible from the village of Ailefroides, it will only take us 2 hours of ski approach to reach the base of the couloir.
We will then go up the 850m of vertical drop to realize the quality of the snow. From there, we'll start our descent, mastering the technique of steep turns.
Back to the village to bring back the good pressure that invaded us during the descent.
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Ski equipment rental (shoes, poles, skis, ...)
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world