The island of Senja is located just below Trømso. On the west coast of Norway, it is full of ski touring opportunities, with peaks overlooking the sea or the fjords.
Situated in a small fishing village, our base camp will be in the heart of the massif, with routes starting directly from the lodge. Thanks to the numerous tunnels, you will be able to easily cross the island from one fjord to another and thus discover in one day a multitude of different landscapes and scenery.
Norway - Finnmark
February, March, April, May
1,935€ /personne for 6 people
Meet at Trømso Airport in northern Norway. After shopping for food, we will take the car for about 4 hours drive.
We will be staying in our house specially reserved for our group, in the very heart of Senja Island, in a beautiful fishing village. This house will be our base camp for the whole week.
Meals in common in the house.
day 2 to 7
During the 6 days of skiing in Senja Island, and thanks to rental cars, our skiing possibilities will be endless. We will just have to put our eyes on a summit so that it becomes accessible.
Great ski classics with more remote and wild routes; great virgin slopes overlooking the fjords, dense woods on bad weather days, anything is possible.
Each evening we will find ourselves at home, enjoying the local comfort and especially the breathtaking view. Aurora borealis, reindeer, fjords ...
Average height difference: 800 - 1500m per day, ascent and descent
Return to Tromso to take the plane and return to France after this total change of scenery.
A just unforgettable experience.
- The safety equipment (Probe, shovel, Tranceiver, Harness)
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- The organization and transfers mentioned in the program using rental vehicles
- Transport and taxi included in the program
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Free membership to the association for the organization of stays
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- One night in a refuge at half-board including water with the meal
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Cancellation insurance (4%), repatriation assistance / search costs - rescue (1.5%)
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Accommodation the night before, optional (room and breakfast)
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world