The legendary summit of Oisans, Queen Meije from the top of her 3983ms thrones proudly north of the massif. Tapered peak, it deserves ... climb it from its south face and cross its ridges and then descend north on the Tabuchet glacier is one of the most beautiful mountain tours that can exist ... and without artifices!
If you combine everything with a bivouac at the Carré glacier or at the Grand Pic, this is an escalation in broad daylight and in the sun. One of the most glorious ways to undertake the ascent of the Meije.
France - Ecrins
June, July, August
1,700€ /personne for 1 person
Meet up at around 8:00 am with the guide to review the equipment and leave a car at the Pont d'Arsine, which will be used for the return trip. Departure at 9.00 am with the cable car from the Meije glaciers to the intermediate station at 2414 m. You take the path that leaves in the direction of the small lake, then the path descends to cross the valleys of the Meije and reach the spur of the Enfetchorres. At the foot of this spur we equip ourselves to climb it entirely, a few passages in 3+. We reach the Meije glacier and then the Meije gap, 3357m. We tilt down the slope to find ourselves facing south. In about an hour, we are at the promontory hut, 3082 m.
D + 1150 m / D- 450 m
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world