Considered for a long time, as the highest peak of the massif, the Pelvoux rises to 3946 m. its crossing by the Coolidge corridor and the Violettes glacier and a magnificent snow race, where the complex descent is not the easiest part!
France - Ecrins
May, June, July, August, September
1,000€ /groupe for 2 people
Departure in the early afternoon from the parking lot of the Ailefroide campsite, 1512 m, for 3 to 4 hours of walking, in order to reach the Pelvoux refuge at 2700 m above sea level.
D + 1200 m
Night departure towards the Sialouze glacier, the Coolidge corridor at 40º for 300 meters, is the technical part of the ascent. Once out of the corridor, the Pelvoux glacier which leads to the summit is easier. Once the summit of Pointe Puiseux reaches 3,943 m, the long descent over more than 2,450 m awaits us. A few crevasses to avoid on the Viollettes glacier, a few short abseils is a clever route through ledges, making this descent a race in its own right.
D+ 1250 m / D- 2450 m
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world