A superb day on exceptional granite rock. This very wild route where you will not meet many people.
Switzerland - Mont Blanc
June, July, August, September
480€ /groupe for 2 people
Mountaineering Level 3 - Advanced
Be in good physical shape
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Autonomous knowledge and practice of mountaineering techniques and equipment
Technical level required: Quite Difficult (AD) in mountaineering and 5 in climbing
Walk between 6 and 12 hours
Departure from Val d'Arpette for a 2 to 3 hours approach to cover the 1100m denivelation. Once at the Col des Ecandies, we take out the equipment and the route starts from there. A wonderful ridge traverse on a beautiful rock, with a few passages in 5b/c. The climbing is very pleasant and lasts about 5 to 6 hours. A short abseil at the end of the traverse allows you to get back on the cows floor in order to descend into the valley.
D+ 1200 m / D- 1200 m
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world