The lyskamm is the imposing ridge overlooking the village of Gressoney. Whether one crosses it from east to west, or vice versa, it remains a considerable undertaking.
Everything passes through Italy, with a breathtaking view of Switzerland and its majestic Matterhorn.
Italy - Mont Rose
June, July, August, September
1,100€ /personne for 1 person
Mountaineering level 3: Advanced
Be in good physical shape
Carry a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Autonomous knowledge and practice of mountaineering techniques and equipment
Technical level required: Quite Difficult (AD) in mountaineering and 5 in climbing
Walk between 6 and 12 hours
The D day
Meeting for 11am at Pont Saint Martin, at the entrance to the Gressoney valley. From there, another 40min drive to reach the end of the valley, Staffal, and its famous ski resort.
Then take the ski lifts to take us up to 3275m under the Punta Indren. From there we will only have 400m left to reach the Gnifetti hut at 3625m.
Sumptuous and copious meal under the next day's objective.
Wake up early in the morning, at 4.30 am, for a departure at 5 am, with a first part on the immense Lys glacier, leading to the pass of the same name.
We then attackthe Lyskamm traverse by its eastern side. Very steep, very sharp and so beautiful. Every step of the way, it requires concentration, both in order not to swamp your feet and in contemplating the view. We finally arrive at the summit of the Lyskamm East at 4532m, then after a short descent, we climb back up to the West summit at 4479m.
We finish with a long descent to reach the Quintino Sella refuge at 3585m, where we can enjoy a real break.
We will then reach the Betta Forca ski lifts at 2672m, where we will finally find civilization and our starting point.
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mountain rescue radio
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- The ticket for the ski lifts
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- One night in a refuge at half-board including water with the meal
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world