Intro to steep skiing
The couloir du Petit Davin, located in the valley of the petit Tabuc, is just before its big brother, the couloir Davin.
Yet it has just the name of "petit", because it remains a beautiful enterprise, and above all an ideal exercise to learn the basics of skiing steep slopes.
France - Serre Chevalier
February, March, April, May
480€ /personne for 1 person
for 2 people
Off piste Level 3 - Specialist
Competent to ski on all types of snow conditions and in all terrain up to slopes of 45º
Have the competence to use the relevant equipment (ski and safety) and alpine techniques (abseiling, belaying, waling in crampons)
Ski with a 3 to 6 kg backpack
Be capable of physical effort for 4h to 7 hours
Be capable of descending 250 to 400m of elevation without stopping
We start by going up the Petit Tabuc valley to the foot of Petit davin at about 2000m. From there, depending on the conditions, we go up the couloir either on skis or with crampons to reach the brêche at 2820m.
Beautiful view overlooking the valley of Grand Tabuc and the Montagnolle.
We put on our skis to ski down more than 1300m!!!!
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Ski equipment rental (shoes, poles, skis, ...)
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- Ski passes
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world