Powder and sushi guaranteed
The island of Hokkaido, located in the North of Japan, has become since a few years the paradise of free ride skiing and hiking. Under the influence of the depressions coming from Russia, every day is a new day in powder snow. Every village in the region has its own ski resort. You don't need many lifts to discover the immensity of the off-piste possibilities. You just have to move a few meters away, so that the pleasure of tracing is there. Having also many volcanoes, it is the opportunity to couple, ski touring and free ride. The hardest will be to find the good weather slots to enjoy the view. But what a feeling when you find the famous birch forest, and to turn in this one. After the joys of the glide, place to the gustatory joys. The welcome in the Onsen, and the just exceptional food will make the trip a success for sure.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Japan - Hokkaido
3,200€ /personne for 4 people
Ski touring Level 2 - Advanced
Ski with a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Competent to ski in all snow types and all terrain up to slopes of 30 to 35º
Be capable of physical effort for 4 to 8 hours
Competent to use the equipment (ski and safety) and to make the kick turn technique
Be able to climb up from 600 to 1200m of elevation
Meeting with your guide at the airport in question in Paris. Departure in direction of Tokyo then Sapporo.
First night on Sapporo to discover the first sensations of Japanese food.
After taking possession of our rental car, direction the ski resorts around Furano, Niseko, or Asahidake. We will take place in our lodgings, then it left for our first escape in this powdery universe.
Day 3 to 8
Depending on your desires and conditions, you will choose the ski destination. Resort, ski touring, volcanoes. After each day, we will enjoy the comfort of the Onsens, with their hot baths and tasty local food.
We will leave the north of the island of Sapporo, to return to the city center. We will take advantage of this day to discover the city and the local habits and customs. Last night with all comfort before taking the plane the next day.
We will take the plane from Sapporo to Tokyo, then Tokyo-Paris. Separation of the group, once arrived in France.
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- The organization and transfers mentioned in the program using rented vehicles
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Free membership to the association for the organization of stays
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- Ski equipment rental (shoes, poles, skis, ...)
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- Ski passes
- Plane ticket
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Cancellation insurance (4%), repatriation assistance / search costs - rescue (1.5%)
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world