Finnmark is a region in the very north of Norway, located 1 hour south of Alta. The area is wild, and the multitude of small fishing harbours we will use to reach the ski touring routes.
Atypical and cosy accommodation in villages lost in the middle of fjords, alpine routes directly overlooking the sea, huge and flat glaciers, this is the theme of the week in Finnmark.
Norway - Finnmark
February, March, April, May
1,950€ /personne for 6 people
Ski touring Level 2 - Advanced
Ski with a 6 to 8 kg backpack
Competent to ski in all snow types and all terrain up to slopes of 30 to 35º
Be capable of physical effort for 4 to 8 hours
Competent to use the equipment (ski and safety) and to make the kick turn technique
Be able to climb up from 600 to 1200m of elevation
Meet at Alta Airport in northern Norway. After shopping for food, we will take the car for about 1 hours drive.
We will be staying in our house specially reserved for our group in the very heart of the massif, in a beautiful fishing village. This house will be our base camp for the whole week.
Meals in common in the house
day 2 to 7
During the 6 days of skiing in Finnmark, our skiing possibilities will be endless. We will just have to put our eyes on a summit so that it becomes accessible.
Great ski classics with more remote and wild routes; great virgin slopes overlooking the fjords, dense woods on bad weather days, anything is possible.
Each evening we will find ourselves at home, enjoying the local comfort and especially the breathtaking view. Aurora borealis, reindeer, fjords ...
Average height difference: 800 - 1500m per day, ascent and descent
Return to Tromso to take the plane and return to France after this total change of scenery.
A just unforgettable experience.
- The safety equipment (Probe, shovel, Tranceiver, Harness) is mandatory, equipment lent by the guide
- Overnight accommodation described in the program
- Breakfasts, picnics and dinners included in the program
- The organization and transfers mentioned in the program using rented vehicles
- Transport and taxi included in the program
- The meal at lunchtime for both you and your guide
- A fully qualified and experienced IFMGA guide for the duration of your trip
- Mandatory off-piste safety equipment (shovel, tranceiver, probe)
- Mountain rescue radio
- Free membership to the association for the organization of stays
- Mandatory individual mountaineering safety equipment: harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe
- Collective equipment necessary for progression and safety
- One night in a refuge at half-board including water with the meal
- Personal insurance covering the activity
- All that is not included in "the price includes".
- Cancellation insurance (4%), repatriation assistance / search costs - rescue (1.5%)
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the point of separation
- Personal expenses: additional drinks, energy bars, souvenirs, tips, etc.
- Accommodation the night before, optional (room and breakfast)
All Ecrins Prestige guides have gained the highest guiding qualification from the IFMGA and are certified to guide anywhere in the world